Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back in SD for a bit

I've currently been back in San Diego, California for 11 days and it is sooo good seeing old friends. While it is evident that we have all changed in the past year, it is still such an encouragement to know that there have been people praying for me while I was in the DR. I will only be here another 2 weeks, but I hope on continuing seeing friends, attempting to fundraise, and getting some cold-water surfing in.
Being in SD has really opened my eyes to the fact that I truly feel home when I am in the Dominican Republic. The relationships and ministries that I have in the DR have become more familiar and comfortable than here in the US. I consider it a blessing.
God has really been opening my eyes recently to what it means to pursue significance more than success. Romans 12:3 states that and because of God's gracious gift to me I say to everyone of you; Do not think of yourself more highly than you should. Instead, be modest in your thinking, and judge yourself according to the faith that God has given you. We're only doing what God has called us to do and we can only do it by HIS grace by acting in LOVE within the community that he has placed us. It would help us all to live and work with the idea that God doesn't call the qualified, but rather qualifies the called.

No comments:

Post a Comment