Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Back in San Diego, CA

As of Sunday, May 10th I am officially back home in San Diego, CA! It was a long and very fast drive across the country, but it was great to see my cousin Jen and family in Phoenix, AZ and everybody back at 7 SD church on Sunday morning.
Since I’ve been back, I began working at Panera Bread Co. in Eastlake, CA. My friend Tyler was gracious enough to hire me on to his team. It has been a great experience so far as our store is in the same community as my home church. I have already had more than one conversation with a customer or co-worker about Jesus and 7 SD church. The former was obviously the more important topic. Nonetheless, it has been a huge blessing and I plan on working here part-time until I make my way back to the Dominican Republic.
On June 22nd, Camp Able will begin again and I will be supervising this summer. I have been involved with this camp the past two years and am very excited to help run it this summer. Camp Able is a day camp on the beach at Coronado, CA specifically designed for the disabled community. Campers enjoy sailing, playing in the sand, playing in the waves, arts and crafts, nature hikes, canoeing, and a ton of energy! It’s by far one of my favorite places to be in San Diego, CA.
There has been no doubt in my mind that I feel God’s presence in the ministry I am pursuing here. Arriving back in San Diego has been a huge blessing. I can’t wait to see what connections and ministries God has in store for the Dominican Republic as I continue to network this summer. I will be posting more and more blogs as things get going. I am already meeting with people in the next week to discuss the possibilities. Thanks for all your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment