Friday, September 2, 2011

Summer is over


I wrote you a poem -

Summer has cometh to an end
Autumn no existeth in the Caribbean
So I'll stayeth in Summer
As Summer stayeth in the Caribbean

Haha.

I just wanted to take the time to thank everyone who sponsored, prayed, and cared for all that God has done in the DR this summer through me. For all that welcomed me in Florida for my younger bro's wedding in May, for those who came down to Nagua in June to start the first surf school/ CS chapter (the school is meeting every week currently!), for all who donated and prayed for my trip to Peru where I learned so much about ministry to surfers at the America's Conference put on by Christian Surfers International, for all who came down to minister with New Missions and our communities, schools, and churches.

As I continue on into the fall I feel very blessed for all that God has done and given me through all of you. I could not have done it without you and please know that God has begun beautiful works through our partnership.

This coming week we will be starting up the school of music again. This year we have a piano teacher and I am happy to say my first drum student ever here in the DR (Jan Carlos) is taking my position as the drum teacher. I will be teaching guitar this term. We easily will have at least 20 students on any particular afternoon. God has blessed us.

At the end of September we will be hosting our first ever Christian Surfers DR Surfer's Retreat. We have groups from Cabarete, Nagua, and Santo Domingo all traveling to the host chapter in Playa Macao where 17 tents, a stage with a band, and different speakers will be supporting the sport of surfing by spreading the love of Christ. The theme of the weekend is called "Identity." We hope that all participants will grasp what it means to be a Christian and how to live it out in our culture of surfing here in the DR.

Thank you all again for the constant support and love. God has been bringing us together to do great things for His kingdom.

The photo above is all of us at Punta Hermosa, Lima, Peru for the America's Conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment