Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dustin's rad summer plans


Happy April everyone. I hope spring has come to you in a special way and that all that read this are less cold. Spring in the DR means that the air temp and humidity are rising, kids are finishing big school projects, and everyone is getting ready for their travels and/or the abundance of visiting mission teams to our Caribbean climate. For me personally, there are a few items that I am preparing for -

End of May - My bro Aaron is getting married to the beautiful Amanda Beechy in Sarasota, FL. I will be participating in the wedding, visiting surfing friends and co-workers in other parts of Florida, and celebrating the high-school graduation of my youngest bro - Brady Miller. It will have been over a year and a half since the last time I was with the family in Florida.

June - Hosting a Christian Surfers mission team in Nagua, DR in order to support Isaac Gil Peña and the opening of the first surf school in this city. There will be surfboards coming with the team from Florida and other parts of the DR in support of this Christian affiliated surf school. Isaac will be initiating the Nagua chapter during this incredible week of ministry and we will be offering free surf lessons to the entire community of Nagua.

End of July - America's conference with Christian Surfers in Punta Hermosa, Peru. I am still about $700 short of the funds I need to go to this conference, but I am believing in God that I will make it there. I have been asked to represent the Dominican Republic in this conference and will be sharing on what God has been doing on our shores. There will be at least 18 surfing nations represented and guest speakers whom specialize in ministry to surfers.

June/July/August - Assisting in hosting New Missions' short-term mission teams and promoting the school of music and a new sports ministry began by my good friend Jose Manuel (Cheko) whom I have been investing in the last couple years through bible studies.

SO thats it! If you feel led to donate to my trip to Peru simply hit the paypay donate button on my blog or visit my personal website at - www.dmmissions.com and click on Donations

Thanks for reading and all the love and prayers.

-Dustin

No comments:

Post a Comment